No one but a true wanderer at heart can know what a new place has to offer. Often, it’s the little things that stay with us, like the smell of fresh flowers, the intoxicating odour of new rains on the ground, the finely landscaped gardens, or the little coffee shop at the corner and its lovely staff.Such little insights float aplenty in the Pink City of Jaipur, situated in the culturally rich state of Rajasthan.Well connected to every big city around India and a lot of byways from Rural, remote areas, Jaipur is a town worth exploring if you’re looking for an old-fashioned chimney in a modern house!
Well decked in contemporary Rajput architecture infused with the aura and charm of Mughal era, this city laden in Pink will take your wanderlust places!While you’re here, taking in the seductive breath of adventure in Jaipur, we bring you some of the best things you should do in this city.
- Take an Elephant Ride, quick!- An elephant ride at Amber fort is perhaps the reason behind most of the foreign visits in Jaipur. Needless to say, it excites the child in us to sit and ride slowly atop a giant elephant in a peculiar rhythm. Go for this ride especially if you have kids in tow. Never will you forget or even try to, this wonderful experience.
- Marvel at the exotic scenery at the Jal Mahal- This palatial fort in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake is a picturesque wonder on its own. The scenic, awe worthy view it offers travellers entails a high off of life, and is totally worth a proper stop. Do visit the palace for the view of your life!
- Explore the mouth watering taste of Rajasthani Cuisine- Jaipur is home to plenty of folk restaurants, including the 7 star Chokhi Dhani and a lot others, that offer a hungry traveller a gamut of interesting, delicious choices to satiate their hunger. From Daal Bati Churma, the staple Rajasthani dish, to Litti Chokha and Laal Maas, Jaipur has it all!
- Shop to your heart’s content- Jaipur is a famous stop for shopaholics of all kinds, too. Explore the lively local marketplace to find an exclusive range of lovely, well crafted handicrafts and khadi textiles. The buy is cheap and endurable for masses, and generally will offer you a better bargain than the Sarojini Market.
- Attend the JLF- If you find yourself in Jaipur in late January or early february, make sure to attend the Jaipur Literature festival where you’ll bask in the wisdom endowed words of literary giants from around the world. Each year, this festival has seen major highlights from known and reputable writers and journalists, each one at the top of their game. Do visit to open new vistas for your personal emotional growth.
- Explore the happening night life of Jaipur- If you want to see the happiness of a city, you have to take a whiff of its night scene. Get in the groove of Jaipur’s flourishing night life with pubs and discotheques such as 100% Rock Bar & Restaurant, Dragon Bar & Terrace Lounge, Grunge, Cocoa House, and Restro Foresto.